New Brewer from Southampton

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TiddlyWin

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm Ian I'm 30 from Eastleigh, Southampton.

I haven't actually started brewing yet but as I'm awaiting my pay day to but the stuff I need :D, I'm really excited about this new Hobby and looking forward to setting up my own little brewing area in my garage. Cannot wait to get my 1st batch on the go.

Looking forward to browsing this forum.

Cheers guys XD

Hi Ian. Newbie my self here in Leeds. Took it up as a hobby about 6 months ago and must say its certainly lots of fun.

What you planning on for your first brew?

Kieran

to start with I'm guna get Milestone Lions Pride Home Brew starter kit and go from there, I know I going to enjoy so additions will be bought. I will then start buying the beer kits with the hope of progression :D

Hi welcome to the forum :thumb: I Recommend the woodfords wherry kit for your second brew (The milestone kits are good, I brewed most of them when I was into kits) :cheers:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :)

Chippy_Tea thanks for that link mate. Yes thats pretty much drummed in to me with the amount of youtube vids I've watched :)

Welcome aboard mate - jump right in there are some great tips and nuggets of wisdom here (and I have also posted some stuff). :thumb:

Welcome to the forum, Ian. I went to school near to Eastleigh and have strong ties with their rugby club from my playing days.

Get a few kits on the go and see how you get on; it's a good little hobby.

Welcome to the forum, Ian. I went to school near to Eastleigh and have strong ties with their rugby club from my playing days.

Get a few kits on the go and see how you get on; it's a good little hobby.

Nice, yea I live in Fair Oak to be more precise :). But yea I plan on getting 3 beers 2 wines and a cider before the year is out, lots of buying XD I'm rather excited

Ah nice :) as far as kits go, I haven't yet, I'm still deciding on the what beer kit I should buy 1st wither to go with either a full boxed kit that has everything or buy stuff from places like Tesco/ Wilko. Still waiting on payday as well so ya know, still got time to decide, also have a garage to empty and fix up :D

I went to Wyvern school so I know Fair Oak very well.
You got your kits sorted out yet?

Bit off subject, but I see you have made a clone tt landlord,

This is my next brew,
Not got the exact quantities in front of me, but it's
Pale malt
Black malt
Goldings &
Styrian golding hops.

This sound like your recipe ?
Cheers
Phil.

Hi all, I'm Ian I'm 30 from Eastleigh, Southampton.

I haven't actually started brewing yet but as I'm awaiting my pay day to but the stuff I need :D, I'm really excited about this new Hobby and looking forward to setting up my own little brewing area in my garage. Cannot wait to get my 1st batch on the go.

Looking forward to browsing this forum.

Cheers guys XD

southampton area here too! currently waiting to bottle my first brew - which I already know I've made some mistakes but hopefully it'll be drinkable still :D

Back