New brewer here!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrevG

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking to buy my dad a brewing kit for his birthday (double bonus as beer in it for me for helping) :D

Iv found a few and wondered if you could help me choose one of them or recommend something else for me:
DIY Beer Starter Kit - Tesco or Coopers Premium DIY I think these two might be the same?? or ibrew Lager Starter Kit

Been having a look around here and looks like I have a lot of reading up to do, all in the name of a good drink though :thumb:

Thanks for any help :cheers:

Welcome along, Not my area I'm afraid but someone will be along shortly to give some Views :thumb:

But just a quick look Yes the two are the same :thumb: and I wouldn't bother with the IBrew one you only get 2 10 pint bottles so you'll have to drink 10 pints in one sitting :drunk:

Welcome along - the Tesco/Coopers kit will have all he needs to get started.

You could do things a little cheaper, but it would involve collecting lemonade bottles and buying things separately. A lot of hassle for the first brew, and you might only save £10-15.

I'm a newbie myself, but I've heard good things about the Coopers kits, and my first is on the way at the moment.

Good luck!

Thanks for the help guys, I will be ordering the Tesco kit tomorrow.

Will be back with results once I get started :cheers:

Hi there i am also a newbie and have just bottled my first batch with the coopers kit which i got for fathers day. I think its easy to use and hopefully will give me good results. I was in my local tesco store today and the kit is half price along with almost all of the homebrewing equipment so i bought a brewbuddy larger starter kit to for only £7,97. and a 5 gallon barrel for £12.50 so i would recommend going into the store first it maybe cheaper.

scottyftm said:
Hi there i am also a newbie and have just bottled my first batch with the coopers kit which i got for fathers day. I think its easy to use and hopefully will give me good results. I was in my local tesco store today and the kit is half price along with almost all of the homebrewing equipment so i bought a brewbuddy larger starter kit to for only £7,97. and a 5 gallon barrel for £12.50 so i would recommend going into the store first it maybe cheaper.
wheres your local store it might be worth a visit

Durham, but been reading a few other posts on here and quite a few stores up and down the country.

Back