New brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smudge

Reaction score
I've finally taken the plunge after weeks of research I'm ready to start brewing. Still trying to get equipment ready at the mo. I'm looking at building a bar/pub at the bottom of the garden with a kegerator made from a chest freezer. I'll have 4-5 pumps on the go with a couple of bitters, a lager and a stout or something like that.

I want to go balls deep and go all grain straight away but should probably do a kit first. I'll get advised to go kit I'm sure but I probably wont listen and mess it up. But you learn from your cock ups.

Anyway hello and all that jazz. Can't wait to get involved on this crazy, hazy journey which be Homebrew!

Smudge.

Cheers buddy! Welcome to the forum.

I am the same as you and wanted to jump in waist deep and go straight for the all grain, but after watching a few video's on youtube and talking to a few people i thought it would be best to put the brakes on and 'walk before i could run'. I started brewing my own beer only 4 months ago starting with an extract beer kit which come out great! My 1st sample of it i ended up drinking 7 pints before the wife got home from work!!

Anyway i raise my glass to you. I hope you have lots of fun brewing your own beer! Cheers!! :cheers:

Welcome Along :thumb:

If you have the kit and want to go all grain first I can't see it being a problem. I would recommend you go and watch a brewday done by someone first :thumb: Reading all you can doesn't replace 10 mins of questions whilst watching it happen in front of you :D
Good Luck :cheers:

muddydisco said:
Welcome Along :thumb:

If you have the kit and want to go all grain first I can't see it being a problem. I would recommend you go and watch a brewday done by someone first :thumb: Reading all you can doesn't replace 10 mins of questions whilst watching it happen in front of you :D
Good Luck :cheers:

Is there anyway of finding people in my area or do I just put a thread on and wait for replies?

Smudge

I only did 1 kit before going All grain, 18 months later my only regret is that I didn't start brewing 10 years ago.

All grain is easier than it seems.

Welcome to the forum.

storm in a teacup said:
I only did 1 kit before going All grain, 18 months later my only regret is that I didn't start brewing 10 years ago.

All grain is easier than it seems.

Welcome to the forum.

Nice one storms

My sentiments exactly

Smudge

Back