New to turbo cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshot7

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm new to turbo cider but brewed a few wines/beers over the years.
Problem im having is that my fermentations are dying after 48 hours or so.I'm using 2x Apple juice,1xother juice, pectolase, nutrient and yeast.
3 times it has started fermenting really well ...and fast! but dies within 2 days.Im using basic youngs wine yeast (the type in tubs).Should i be using cider yeast/ high alcohol yeast etc or should the basic stuff be ok?
Thanks for any help
steve

I would use the cider yeast if I was you. Not too sure what using the basic wine yeast would do, but for me it would have to be the cider yeast.

I don't make cider but have read many threads here so am sure you need to use 4 litres of juice, you are at least 100g of sugar short meaning a shorter fermentation and a lower ABV.

I am sure someone who makes TC will correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
I topped both up with apple juice last night and a little sugared water today and there is new activity in both.
Ive read a wee bit about TC and people talk about 7-14 day fermentation so i'll see how long these 2 last.

The average SG of juice is 1.035, and I add 200g of sugar to bring it up to SG 1.050 so the ABV is 6% approx. I use Young's super wine yeast compound from the 60-gram tub for Turbo Cider and WOWs. It's good stuff!

Latest posts

Back