Newbie Brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andydj

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thought I'd sign up being as though I've been reading all your useful tips and advice.

Anyway I have the ubiquitous Wherry on the go as my first attempt. Started last weekend (sunday) so nearly 6 days in now, initial worries that I didn't stir in the extract well enough and only got a OG of 1036 but fermentation went like a train to start with in my brewfridge (STC1000 set to 20c +/- 0.5c) then after 3 days has settled down to something of a more steady blup of CO2 every few seconds. Waiting for it to look as though its stopped before taking my first FG reading in order to minimise air exposure

...hoping I'm doing it all OK?

..can't wait to have a go at a more adventurous extract recipe next and one day an AG recipe

Andy

Hi Andy, welcome aboard.
Yes, provided you gave enough attention to sterilizing your equipment it sounds like you've done everything by the book.
Good luck with your first brew :cheers:

Yep forgot to mention I washed everything, rinsed, sterilized with bruclens as per instructions, rinsed again... fingers crosssed. Quite nerve wracking this first timer stuff.

thanks all :cheers:

eager to transfer to pressure keg and thought I'd hedge my bets by bottling 8 pints too...

patience young jedi !

Back