Newbie from Liverpool

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tezz

Reaction score
Hi all

Thought I would pop in say Hi.

Started my brewing journey just before Christmas, started with a Mr Brew craft brew IPA and now have a Georgie lager in the fermentation bin. Hopefully be able to taste some of it by end of February.

I have started with Brew kits as I don't have the equipment yet to create my own mash etc (whether this is the case in future am not sure yet).

Where do people shop for their home brew goods? I have found brew2bottle seem to have a good choice and seem really cheap compared to others, but happy to look elsewhere if other have differing opinions.

:)

Welcome Tezz. Yes brew2bottle are very good for most homebrew supplies with the exception of grains. Also Geterbrewed n NI are good. There's a homebrew shop in St Helens which has had good reviews but I've not used them.

Hi Tezz and welcome to the forum.

There are many home brew suppliers out there, mainly online these days. The best depends on what and how much you are after. I have read several members recommending brew2bottle, The Home Brew Shop has a very wide range of stock, but you may have to build up your order, to justify shipping costs.

Don't be afraid to ask questions on here, we're mostly harmless.

There's a homebrew shop 591 West Derby Road , Tuebrook L13 8AE. Opens 10:00 -14:00
Yes Lovebrewing I think its called - If I wasn't ordering a great deal I think this would work out cheaper to go here but I think postage is more expensive.

Plus am sure they will be shut due to covid restrictions atm

Welcome to the forum. I, like you, just started a few weeks before Christmas. Bought a starter kit and put my first brew on on the 7th of December. Tried a bottle on Saturday with my neighbour and it was so good we drank 7 each. It was fantastic. I have a second brew also conditioning in bottles. It has so far been really enjoyable and this forum is excellent with loads of help and advice. Best of luck.

I buy my bits and bobs from https://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/

If either of the homebrew shops Cheshire Cat mentioned (or another) is reasonably close by, please use it if you can. Still missing my local one. Great source of advice, these places. Our old one did brewing and cider courses, kit hire and a grape import service among other things.

If either of the homebrew shops Cheshire Cat mentioned (or another) is reasonably close by, please use it if you can. Still missing my local one. Great source of advice, these places. Our old one did brewing and cider courses, kit hire and a grape import service among other things.
I think Love Brewing is shut at the minute as non essential. But i would use it once open

Hi and welcome! Fellow Liverpool brewer here.

There's LoverBrewing in Tuebrook. They're ok for when you're getting one or 2 items. Fairly limited selection though. Also, probably shut due to the old 'rona.

I get most of my stuff from malt miller (The Malt Miller), geterbrewed (Homebrew Microbrewery | Beer Cider & Wine Kits | All Grain Brewing) or crossmyloof (Home Brew Store | United Kingdom | Crossmyloof Brew).

If you're after a single bit of kit and don't want to pay ~£6 for postage, I'll often look on ebay. Individual items are a touch more expensive, but postage fees make it cheaper.

When lockdown eases, try to join a meeting at Liverpool Homebrewers Club too (have a look on FaceBook)

Latest posts

Back