Newbie Incoming!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I have been scrawling through the forum for a few days and figured I should say hello; so Hello!

I've been toying with the idea of brewing for some time and with my other half buying me some hop plants for Christmas, I suppose now is as good of a time as any, to get started! This forum appears to be a great source of information so I'm glad I happened across it.

I'm a scientist by occupation so I'm hoping the attention to detail and precision weighing might help me out...

Looking forward to talking to you guys more in time!

So I have been scrawling through the forum for a few days and figured I should say hello; so Hello!

I've been toying with the idea of brewing for some time and with my other half buying me some hop plants for Christmas, I suppose now is as good of a time as any, to get started! This forum appears to be a great source of information so I'm glad I happened across it.

I'm a scientist by occupation so I'm hoping the attention to detail and precision weighing might help me out...

Looking forward to talking to you guys more in time!
Welcome along.
I only started in October and the helpful members here have been fantastic with tips and advice. I am currently brewing my 11th kit.
Cheers Jon

Thanks both!

Welcome indeed. We're all scientists here. Those of us who are not artists, anyway. What field are you in what are you planning on brewing?

Yes brewing certainly seems to fit somewhere in between! I studied Chemistry and currently work as an analytical chemist, how about yourself?

I think, to start with, I'll keep it simple and try some clone pale ales/IPAs but I do like most styles of beer so eventually I'd like to brew some stronger stouts and maybe some fruit beers. My partner is a big fan of wheat beers as well so I'm sure that will be on her list once I'm up and running athumb..

Welcome to the Forum. I am a Newbie too. I have my first brew bottled and conditioning in my garage and my second kit which is a Coopers Hefe Wheat kit in its FV almost ready for bottling. I will be a kit brewer I think. My Engineering Degree won’t cover me for the Chemistry required for advanced brewing. The real truth is that my wife is already cracking up over all the bottles recently collected over Christmas hogging up her storage space in the utility room and the fermentation bucket up in the hot press.

Welcome to the Forum. I am a Newbie too. I have my first brew bottled and conditioning in my garage and my second kit which is a Coopers Hefe Wheat kit in its FV almost ready for bottling. I will be a kit brewer I think. My Engineering Degree won’t cover me for the Chemistry required for advanced brewing. The real truth is that my wife is already cracking up over all the bottles recently collected over Christmas hogging up her storage space in the utility room and the fermentation bucket up in the hot press.
Welcome to the world of home brewing.I use the garage and the utility room and I still get shouted at hahaha...

Welcome. Your in the right place for starting up. I've been being for 10 years & still using extracts, but found these folks recently after relocated to as place with water issues. I don't new as much as i like mainly due to lack of storage space for bottles. LOL

My undergrad is engineering (computer science), but the masters is theology. I serve a Lutheran congregation in the Arizona wilderness, so I know I only have myself to blame for any bad batches. 8^)

Good ta have ya.

Hi and welcome to the forum athumb.. I grew my own hops for the first time last year and made a nice pale ale in the autumn. I've still got 200g dried leaves in the freezer so I'll have to get another brew on once one of the fermenters is free! What variety are you growing?

The real truth is that my wife is already cracking up over all the bottles recently collected over Christmas hogging up her storage space in the utility room and the fermentation bucket up in the hot press.

:laugh8: Yeah I'm not quite sure where I'm gonna store all the new purchases - I'll need a new shed!

Hi and welcome to the forum athumb.. I grew my own hops for the first time last year and made a nice pale ale in the autumn. I've still got 200g dried leaves in the freezer so I'll have to get another brew on once one of the fermenters is free! What variety are you growing?

Amazing to hear - I'll be growing cascade and chinook assuming all goes well. Hopefully I'll get a nice harvest that I can use to make some nice hoppy pales. What type did you grow for your pale ale?

:laugh8: Yeah I'm not quite sure where I'm gonna store all the new purchases - I'll need a new shed!

Amazing to hear - I'll be growing cascade and chinook assuming all goes well. Hopefully I'll get a nice harvest that I can use to make some nice hoppy pales. What type did you grow for your pale ale?
Mine are First Gold

Latest posts

Back