Newbie....started off a rose wine yesterday, no bubbling yet

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnerslover

Reaction score
Got a soloman grundy 7 day kit on the go, 25 litres, started it yesterday morn but no bubbling out of air lock yet.

Had a peep and wine is "fizzing"...........just wondered!!!!!!!!

If it's fizzing, then it's fermenting. Are you using a 5 gallon bucket to ferment it in? if so, there's plenty of other places for the CO2 to escape so you may not see any movement from the air lock

Cheers duncs, yeah 5 gallon fermenting bucket with snap on lid.............. :thumb:

Just put some vaseline all around base of airlock and its bubbling away like a good one now ;)

yeah the lids are not always good at snapping shut properly so all the activity beneath isn't necessarily appreciated fully. you can tell often by just putting your ear to the side of the vessel that it is going....

Moley said:
Looks like the problem's been solved: >>click<< :hmm:

And if that's a coincidence try this and this :evil: :nono:

yes i replied earlier that i had fixed it with vaseline..........not really understanding what your getting at?????????

I have 3 gallon Dj's on the go with Youngs rose, home made rose and TC all on clearing. Fermenting 25ltrs of soloman Grundy rose and home made rose with strawberries added in in a DJ................I use this forum and some others for help and advice as just starting out!!!!!!!!

magnerslover said:
not really understanding what your getting at?????????
It's regarded as bad ‘netiquette’ to repeat questions across multiple forums unless you declare that you're doing so to improve your chances of a quick answer to a problem.

Moley said:
magnerslover said:
not really understanding what your getting at?????????
It's regarded as bad ‘netiquette’ to repeat questions across multiple forums unless you declare that you're doing so to improve your chances of a quick answer to a problem.

Sorry to have offended anyone........but as i'm members on both didn't see their being a problem.

Will mention it in future!!!!!!!

Back