Newish member, it's been seven years since the last time I was on.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Brewer

Landlord.
Reaction score
Good evening all. I haven't been on the forum for ages, just found time to start brewing more than twice a year again.

What's new? Last time I was on here the forum had been sold on and the new one was full of adverts and other annoying things so jumped ship to other forums then stopped brewing for a couple of years.

I'm going to give Aleman's Effin Oatmeal stout a go tomorrow, followed by an IPA in a couple of weeks.

Cheers
Andy

What's new? Last time I was on here the forum had been sold on and the new one was full of adverts and other annoying things so jumped ship to other forums then stopped brewing for a couple of years.

Welcome back.

The site is still owned by the company that originally bought it back then and having just logged out to check (i don't see adverts as admin) i see the adverts are still there you may be running an ad blocker that is hiding them from you. ;)

Last edited:
That will be it, I do have blockers on my work PC. From my phone I see the ads. Before you couldn't hover over a word without it popping up a definition linked to an ad. Hey, ho most of the forums I frequent have followed suit, apart from a couple where I pay a tenner a year to support the forum.

Just weighing out the oats ready for toasting in the morning for the stout. Not sure what the kids are having for breakfast ;)

Has everybody gone for brewmeister, grainfather in my absence or are there still a few old school seperate stainless vessel brewers about?

Cheers
Andy

Good evening all. I haven't been on the forum for ages, just found time to start brewing more than twice a year again.

I'm going to give Aleman's Effin Oatmeal stout a go tomorrow, followed by an IPA in a couple of weeks.

Cheers
Andy

Starsan is that a newish thing? - NEIPA's. Mangrove Jack kits, Fermenasaurus?

I've got Starsan, so I must be well trendy. I did buy a pair of nice new blickman riptide pumps last year to replace the ageing solar pumps. Priming is no longer a problem.

Latest posts

Back