No iSpindel data showing up after battery recharge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
I started a brew recently, charged up the iSpindel and dropped it in, everything chugged away for about 6 days then the battery ran out. I made a mental note to fish the iSpindel out and recharge it at the weekend, then went and got ill for a while. Yesterday I :
  1. retrieved the iSPindel from the FV,
  2. rinsed it clean.
  3. opened it,
  4. turned the power off,
  5. plugged in the USB charger,
  6. left it until the charging light went from red to blue,
  7. unplugged from the USB charger,
  8. turned the power back on again,
  9. put the lid on,
  10. popped it back in the FV along with dry-hopping ingredients.
... and nothing happened. My data is stuck at the point the battery ran out.
The little tell-tale light on the iSpindel circuit board is on, and yesterday after I took it out of the FV again and just sat it on the table I saw its blue LED flash at one point which I think means it was waking up and trying to send data. But BrewSpy says it's seen nothing.
It's always re-established connection to my wi-fi and BrewSpy account before. I'm a bit wary of hitting its config reset button - any idea what my best approach is?

1680171659359.png

I wonder whether it'll lose all it's settings if the battery totally runs out. But it sounds like it's definitely worth resting to see what the settings are. I don't know whether you want to fish it out if the brew, or just leave it until the next brew to sort out

Oh I fished it out already. I don't think this brew is going to be doing anything much now. Yeah, I bought this one already-configured so I've never done the reset-and-log-in exercise; could be interesting I suppose. I do hope it hasn't lost the plot completely!

Even the pre-configured ones need you to go in to set the WiFi password and where is sends the data. You must have done that when it arrived?
I would do the same and see if it's remembered your WiFi settings etc

Back