No rinse steriliser. Brands

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use videne 1.30 per litre for no rinse solution.

Available from your local pharmacy :D

+1 Videne ;)

As Steve says, that's taken to mean “I agree” or “me too” or “another vote for ...”

... and Archtronics means he uses it at 1.30ml of Videne (antiseptic solution) to the litre of water, it generally costs around £6-8 for 500ml but it's usually a next-day special order item from your local pharmacy, you will also need something like a medicine syringe to measure the tiny amounts you need, and a litre of made-up solution works out around 2 pence.

Milton or thin household bleach are fine, but they most definitely do need rinsing.

Milton, even the no rinse Milton, needs rinsing a couple of times at least. I have a few brews that taste odd because I've used No Rinse Milton.

mozzy said:
I use Milton :?
No LHBS around me so got no choice really

With modern technology you can order over the interweb and have it delivered to your door.

I have had an 8oz bottle of Starsan for about a year now and there is over 3/4 of it left.

I know Runwell-steve but I wouldnt have a clue what to get.. now people have listed what they use makes it easier for me :D

I always rinse after using Milton.. I did when i used it for the babies bottles too.. I just did not believe that it could be NO RINSE.. so rinsed anyway

I'm Oxy and then a dose of Videne
Most "up post" know but just for those that don't, Videne and starsan I believe, are sanitizers only and not cleaners. ;)
S

Latest posts

Back