not priming up ??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr BR

Regular.
Reaction score
brewed a cerveza added ikg of enhancer 500g light malt fermented it out left in fv for 25 days to clear syphoned into bottling bucket left for 3 days primed each 2litre bottle with 6g sugar but doesnt seem to be priming any ideas thanks in advance :wha:

24-36 hours ago and they are at the same temp they were fermented 20 degrees but they did come from the loft which was about 10 degrees

They'll need at least a week at room temp to carbonate. As the beer was in the fv for quite a long time I'd give it a bit longer as there won't be as much yeast in suspension as there would have been if it was racked earlier.

bottles now priming away nicely will be 2 weeks on monday then move to lower temp to clear and condition again its the old patience patience patience game lol not got much restraint when it comes to tasting beer :)

Mr BR said:
brewed a cerveza added ikg of enhancer 500g light malt fermented it out left in fv for 25 days to clear syphoned into bottling bucket left for 3 days primed each 2litre bottle with 6g sugar but doesnt seem to be priming any ideas thanks in advance :wha:

6 grams in a 2 litre bottle is very low priming for a lager it probably wont be as carbonated as your hoping for...

6 ~ 8 grams per litre is more like it... that's 12 ~ 16 grams for each one of your bottles !

brewed a youngs lager in december and primed it with the same amount and the carbonation is fine infact just poured a pint there just now and there aint been no problems but will post the results when i open the first bottle of the cerveza and test pour a pint :grin:

Carbonations always a personal thing anyway some like it fizzier than others. Just struck me as a bit low especially for a Cerveza was all...

:cheers:

yeah as you said personal preferences and its the first cerveza i have done so its a bit hit and miss hopefully its ok still on a learning curve will see how it turns out fingers crossed :pray:

6 grams in a 2 litre bottle is very low priming for a lager it probably wont be as carbonated as your hoping for...

6 ~ 8 grams per litre is more like it... that's 12 ~ 16 grams for each one of your bottles ![/quote]

had to reprime not enough sugar put 10g in each shame will need to wait another 2 weeks but it tasted really nice so worth waiting for , wont make that mistake again :hmm:

Would like to know how this turns out, my Cerveza had no fizz what so ever and I left it for around 3 months in the bottles.

A friend of mine also had the same problem with his.

Shame as it looks to be a really good drop :drunk:

right tried the cerveza after re-priming still flat as a witches tit so i am now drinking it flat which is a shame as it tastes real nice, the only thing i can think of that would explain the flatness is leaving it to long in the fv and there not being enough yeast in suspension ahh well back to the drawing board will not leave it as long next time :nono:

Latest posts

Back