Other uses for corny kegs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m_rawdin

Regular.
Reaction score
I was wondering what else is suitable to store in corny kegs, I am going to be making some cider so would corny kegs be OK for cider? Also could you store wine in them too?

Cider and wine both fine. Either still (in which case just seal lid with 5psi) or carbonated.

I put Pimms and Lemonade in my baby corny for a party. Went down very well. Will probably do G&T at some point too.

Could you do sparkling water?

Yep. My wife goes through so much sparkling water that I just have a didicated keg for her soda.

That Pimms and lemonade thing is a dang good idea. Next party, I'll have to fix up a whole cocktail in one of my 10 liter kegs. That'll be cool. Cocktail on TAP!

I have a dedicated starsan keg :) really handy for sanitizing other kegs and lines with the right jumper lines. Altho once i left it connected to the co2 line and ended up with fizzy starsan, still worked lol

I was wondering what else is suitable to store in corny kegs, I am going to be making some cider so would corny kegs be OK for cider? Also could you store wine in them too?

We have two of our eight cornies dedicated to wine. Keep just enough pressure to push through a party tap and it works fine. If storing a rose or blush you can pressure it up a bit to give it a sparkle.

STMBO says the wine improves towards the end rather than get worse as the polypins (bag in a box) system did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love my Turbo ciders as the Corny just fits in an old fridge I have. Cold dry cider on a hot day:thumb: Better than any £hite you can buy, as I know what went into it :smile: no nasty flavourings or preservatives,,,

I now even have Fentimans house of broughton range of cocktail syrups. (Plain, Raspberry, Rose, Cucumber, Ginger & Elderflower)

Ginger cider is now our favourite!!!

Back