Out of date wine kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giles_74

Reaction score
BB is July 2011 believe it or not obviously all sealed as new, worth a go or not?

Last year I finally got around to getting rid of the fridge freezer from my cellar, it was a russian built model and was fine when I was single but when I got married and moved, it was too small, so I put it straight into the cellar and I bought another one.
I checked before it was taken away, and inside was a red wine kit and a Yorkshire bitter kit that had been there since I moved.
I decided to give them a try and the wine was pretty good, the beer, not so much...

I moved 23 years ago!

Give it a go, it might surprise you.

Last year I finally got around to getting rid of the fridge freezer from my cellar, it was a russian built model and was fine when I was single but when I got married and moved, it was too small, so I put it straight into the cellar and I bought another one.
I checked before it was taken away, and inside was a red wine kit and a Yorkshire bitter kit that had been there since I moved.
I decided to give them a try and the wine was pretty good, the beer, not so much...

I moved 23 years ago!

Give it a go, it might surprise you.

Guess as it is what it is shouldn't be affected too much so what the hell...

Someone already beat me to it by saying if it's not so good for drinking use it for cooking.

I did a beaverdale guverstraminer (approximation of spelling) it didn't taste so good so used most of it for cooking. It was also a year or two out of date.

However opened a bottle out the wine store last night and it's actually quite nice. Well it passed the SWMBO test ;-) now we have none left. ;-)

So as always ageing can help if it tastes a little off to begin with.

Looks like I'll have to get it on the go then, I remember that particular kit tasted great.

I'm not a massive fan of red wine but this was very drinkable :thumb:

My auntie had one of those wooden signs saying. I like to cook with wine. Sometimes i put it in the food.

Nothing to loose but a bag of sugar and a bit of time. Never know might be awesome!

Latest posts

Back