Parsnip wine - chill or not?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinotinto

Landlord.
Reaction score
May seem a bit obvious but I have just 'pulled' a bottle of my first attempt at Parsnip wine which was started last September and bottled 1st November. It is reasonably cold in the garage at the moment anyway but I have put it in the fridge to chill. It then dawned on me that, as with fruits etc, it may be that I will lose some of the taste if this is served too cold.

What do you guys do?

Advice needed for a mainly red drinker ;)

May seem a bit obvious but I have just 'pulled' a bottle of my first attempt at Parsnip wine which was started last September and bottled 1st November. It is reasonably cold in the garage at the moment anyway but I have put it in the fridge to chill. It then dawned on me that, as with fruits etc, it may be that I will lose some of the taste if this is served too cold.

What do you guys do?

Advice needed for a mainly red drinker ;)

i think you will be very surprised at the taste parsnip normally take a few years to become drinkable, its not a wine to be drunk chilled but it personal choice , please let me know your views on the taste , i made some the same time as you and opened a half bottle tester a couple of weeks back it was horrible tasted like antiseptic plasters. :-?

i think you will be very surprised at the taste parsnip normally take a few years to become drinkable, its not a wine to be drunk chilled but it personal choice , please let me know your views on the taste , i made some the same time as you and opened a half bottle tester a couple of weeks back it was horrible tasted like antiseptic plasters. :-?

Now that IS strange because I actually thought this tasted good on bottling.

Now that IS strange because I actually thought this tasted good on bottling.

mine tasted good on bottling but between sept when i bottled mine and a tasting in march its changed quite a bit , let me know about yours:thumb:

Ok, tried it. I am not going to rave about it but it is in no way harsh and has an almost floral taste. I get the impression it is pretty potent too.

I will crack a bottle tomorrow see whats happening , i will let you know how mine tastes :-?

I'm a philistine I like my wine, white or red, or any colour to be cold, not fridge cold but maybe about 8-10 degrees definitely not room temp, as for parsnip wine did it years ago, took a good year to be drinkable, just, and didn't really get any better, but I don't really like parsnips anyway.

This is not a wine for drinking -- this is a wine for laying down and avoiding

Back