Partygate a new low.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angela Rayner
@AngelaRayner

Well well well…
The original source of the vile Sharon Stone smear? 7 January before all the memes, before any podcast, and before Tory MPs’ dishonestly claimed conversations and where, might you ask, did it first appear?
The Daily Mail of course.
1651593500837.png
And I bet Johnson meant every word that he said!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last Labour government was over a decade ago.
The catch all statement that 'they are all at it' is frankly not true
Even all tories are not corrupt.
This attitude discouages participation in democracy and encourages voter apathy.

Whilst Keir Starmer may be a bit boring at least he is not a serial liar, a buffon and law breaker .
I would like to think in the future I will be picking bits out of current events and not rolling the clock back to past events.

Last Labour government was over a decade ago.
The catch all statement that 'they are all at it' is frankly not true
Even all tories are not corrupt.
This attitude discouages participation in democracy and encourages voter apathy.

Whilst Keir Starmer may be a bit boring at least he is not a serial liar, a buffon and law breaker .
Sir Keir Starmer investigated over alleged lockdown breach
BBC News

You were saying!!!!!!!

Is it now time for Starmer to resign?

BBC News

You were saying!!!!!!!

I take you voted tory in the recent elections?

BBC News

You were saying!!!!!!!

Investigation complete then? Can you summarise the findings for me?

I'm no fan of the Labour Party, but a takeaway meal (albeit not permitted) is a far cry from what was going on in Downing Street. The lying to parliament is kind of the bigger issue too.

I want rid of all of the ***** tbh.

People in glasses shouldn't throw stones.
I thought the saying was
'People in No.10 Downing Street shouldn't throw lockdown parties (contravening laws they recently written."

Or is it "People in glasshouses shouldn't throw kettles at birds in a Bush?"
Keep getting them mixed up.

In the last two elections it wasn’t a case of the Tories winning as much as Labour losing.
Corbyn was never going to win, Starmer not much better. Labour needs to get a leader people can get behind
The only trouble with Starmer is that he's a Tory. A Tory in denial, but a Tory nevertheless, and it's cramping his style.

The only trouble with Starmer is that he's a Tory. A Tory in denial, but a Tory nevertheless, and it's cramping his style.

I have said this a few times here he says he is from a working class background and remembers when times were hard unfortunately many years have passed and I bet its been a long time sinse he thought about tuning thr central heating off to save a few pounds.

…… I bet its been a long time sinse he thought about tuning thr central heating off to save a few pounds.

Like me, maybe he can remember a time when he he no central heating to turn off!

BTW, that was only three years ago when we lived in Skegness! Before then we lived in a boat, Glenkindie, Coull, Glentanar and Aberdeen all without central heating!
athumb..athumb..

Like me, maybe he can remember a time when he he no central heating to turn off!

He may be able to remember when the house he lived in had no CH but I bet you it's been a long time since he had a house with no CH which he had to turn it off to save a few quid.

I can remember being the first up in our house I got the job of lighting the coal fire so the back boiler could heat the water for those getting up after me, I used to sit next to the fire to try and get a little warmth before getting dressed for work, whenever I see someone post "the good old days" I think I couldn't disagree more.

I have said this a few times here he says he is from a working class background and remembers when times were hard unfortunately many years have passed and I bet its been a long time sinse he thought about tuning thr central heating off to save a few pounds.
That could equally well apply to me or any number of us. We went through hardships, expecially when the mortgage rate was pushing 15%, but now we're seeing better times. It doesn't mean we've forgotten or think those times are over though, for many people. I pity our kids who can't even afford to buy a house and the rent they have to pay is crippling because of Thatcher's decimating the council house stock and Tory, crony landlords being protected by ministers. I don't think Starmer really understands the structural wrongs in our society. His heart's in the right place, but he's only interested in sitting well on the fence on every matter apart from supposed antisemitism so that he can win an election.

That could equally well apply to me or any number of us. We went through hardships, expecially when the mortgage rate was pushing 15%, but now we're seeing better times. It doesn't mean we've forgotten or think those times are over though, for many people. I pity our kids who can't even afford to buy a house and the rent they have to pay is crippling because of Thatcher's decimating the council house stock and Tory, crony landlords being protected by ministers. I don't think Starmer really understands the structural wrongs in our society. His heart's in the right place, but he's only interested in sitting well on the fence on every matter apart from supposed antisemitism so that he can win an election.

Cant just blame Thatcher anymore for Right to Buy. Boris is resurrecting it, so a vote for Tory now is (among other vileness) a vote to exacerbate this generational unfairness further.

He may be able to remember when the house he lived in had no CH but I bet you it's been a long time since he had a house with no CH which he had to turn it off to save a few quid.

I can remember being the first up in our house I got the job of lighting the coal fire so the back boiler could heat the water for those getting up after me, I used to sit next to the fire to try and get a little warmth before getting dressed for work, whenever I see someone post "the good old days" I think I couldn't disagree more.

Remember the coal shovel (always put in backwards) and the sheet of newspaper to increase the draft?

If it wasn’t watched, the paper used to turn brown and then burst into 🔥 in an instant!

I often wonder how we ever survived our childhood!
:confused.:

Latest posts

Back