Pet hates and food

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homemade and shop mayo both have their place but they are very different beasts.

I'm going to stand up for porridge but you need to put brown sugar at the bottom of the bowl, pile on the hot porridge then top with freshly picked raspberries and double cream. Single malt whisky on the side for preference.

My pet hates being taken to the vet.
And he'll pretty much eat anything...

B'doom tish...
couch dug.jpg

(pic added)

Last edited:
I don't know if I've tried that to be fair David. I always make my own and it's yummy. It's a Hairy bikers recipe. I'm sure you're familiar with them.
I’ve made mayo on occasion (and would be tempted to try the Hairy Biker recipe as they have some decent recipes) but the real problem is that it tastes too damm good so I eat far more than I should, fresh Mayo and chips is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Back on to things I dislike maple flavoured syrup, just why, real maple syrup is delicious, but if you are trying to keep cost down just give me golden syrup rather than ruining perfectly good golden syrup with artificial flavourings.

Those boxes of candies that have all the weird combos in them and usually no key for what you are about to try. If it's not chocolate, peanuty, carmel-y or something similar, then I take one bite and put them back.
Mind you, that's what ten-year-old me used to do.

Homemade and shop mayo both have their place but they are very different beasts.

I'm going to stand up for porridge but you need to put brown sugar at the bottom of the bowl, pile on the hot porridge then top with freshly picked raspberries and double cream. Single malt whisky on the side for preference.

Not sure how that makes it less sick-like, lol ;)

My annoyances would include;

• Sit down food served on something that isn't a plate.
  • Overcooked steak. I fully understand that serving a steak blue or rare is a skill. If you don't have it, don't offer it.
  • Rubbish salads. I good salad served with something simple, like a grilled chicken breast is lovely. Limp, prewashed and chopped rabbit food isn't.
Yes...food served on a piece of wood/slate isn't clever at all. I ask for a plate as soon as they bring it then tip it all on!

Mine is that +90% of Asian/Eastern restaurants and takeaways still bang out 1950's interpretations of their food for British people. We've moved on, watched Bourdain, give me the true food from your region, let me into your culture.
But it wouldn't be chikkintikkamassala innit!

I still haven't got round to icing the Christmas cake I made 3 (maybe 4, possibly 5) years ago!
It gets fed brandy 3 or 4 times a year (could be 5,6,7 or even 8 - who knows?), and smells lovely.
One day it'll get marzipan and icing. Might even get round to eating it...

Latest posts

Back