Pets+Homebrew!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liampenn

Reaction score
I woke up this morning at 3 oclock to find my dog growling at my beer which is bubbling away in my fermentation bucket?
Anyone else got had a similar problem!?
:lol:

ours goes nuts because it's in the spare room and the wall to it from the bedroom is paper thin. scares the **** out of us at night!

my cats are fed on the same worktop that my brews stand, so keeping cat hairs out of things is a constant problem.

and my pet fruit flies keep trying to get involved on brew days! :hmm:

I have a cat who finds a bubbling top-hat style airlock fascinating for while...

...then whacks the top off it and bats it round the floor for a bit...

Crastney said:
my cats are fed on the same worktop that my brews stand, so keeping cat hairs out of things is a constant problem.

and my pet fruit flies keep trying to get involved on brew days! :hmm:

I have found a dog hair inside my demijohn with my toffee apple pear cider. But it hasnt seemed to have effected it. Ohh well...
Im sure it will still taste nice! :drink:

Only issue I have with my brewlab ( :rofl: ) was when I dropped a brew on to a yeast pancake from a previous brew, it took off during the night and over flowed the FV. He wouldn't go near/past it :grin: Big woose he is though. :whistle:

That and when I brew he wants to "help" espically with the mashing in.
:drink:

Neither of our boxers are bothered by the bubblers, but the older one will nick beer if given half a chance.

The younger one is very interested in everything I do while brewing, keeping him away from anythign sterile is a real challenge as the more he gets told off the more he thinks there is summat interesting he's missing out on... :)

our cats also love the airlock on the FV, hit it off, and whack it around the kitchen.

i now keep my fermenting beer in a locked bedroom.

haha good post. During my first AG my wee spaniel Meg who is 15 years old, was lying sleeping but managed to pick up the scent of the first runnings and decided to get up and come over to try and drink the sweet wort, I held her back but she wasn't having no for an answer. eventualy collected all the runnings no problem but had left the mash tun on the kitchen floor with the spent grains, i went for a hit n a miss during the boil and come back to the kitchen to find her head in the mash tun eating the grains!

As TRXnMe mentioned before about boxers, I think they are the alcoholic dog breed. My old man has had 3 boxers in the last 10 years, one of his own who died, he then took care of another after a family member died, but the poorr dog has now died, and he rescued one a few months ago and everyone of them were jakeys, he would be sitting with a red wine, cider or a beer and they used to come up and drink it out his glass, the newest dog jumps right up on the sofa and tried to drink out of the can, jakey dugs.

I think our dog must have been a brewer in a former life. He keeps trying to clean the fermenter if I splash any. The other day I brought home a Beverdale kit and stood it in the livingroom. Barked the place down until I moved it. Not sure what that was about.

My parrot is very keen on the whole process,

being a greedy git he loves to try get the grain as i am weighing out, doughing in etc. not had any problems with him drinking my pint as i go though!

Latest posts

Back