PID Controller build

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just another silly one then, a pt100 temp probe reads to 400C, for my chicken incubator 50C is boiled egg time so does anyone know of a more sensitive probe but with a shorter range, i was looking at some where between 20C and 50C with 36C being the perfect temp
PT100 work on a linear basis (so I was told long ago when asking lots of PT questions :grin: ) so they should be as accurate at 1deg as they are at 100deg c. Most PT100's for our use are class B and are accurate to 0.3deg c ish, I use class A which are accurate to 0.15deg c ish, A do cost more. So to sum up, even though they have a large range they are very accurate, the chances are the controller will be less accurate so I'd be looking there first.

whats wrong with the one this thread started with, from fleabay
I can't see anything 'wrong' with it :wha: ice bath calibration for our limited temperature range use will let you know how repeatable the results are, and how accurate the probe/unit is.

I am just looking over my PID again. Do you know why the picture are not working? I am trying to reasure myself that the wiring is correct on my PID as i have seen 2 ways of wiring.

thanks
D

Latest posts

Back