Polytunnel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 74362
Been down the plot this morning and dug the remaining second earlies..and one red which I think is a Caladonia rose. Must be at least 15kg. We still have 10x18 rows of main crop left to dig. I also had some broccoli ,spring onions,a cauli and more tomatoes.
Wish allotment gardening would take off here, it isn't like we are short of space! I have a block of land next to my place I asked the council if they would make my fence with water tanks I would utilise the block as an allotment, they refused. By the way my handles broke off the same container you have in the photo.
My bragging rights come from this winters citrus fruits.

Mandarin

001.JPG

Lime.

002.JPG

Grapefruit

003.JPG

lemons

004.JPG

And oranges.

005.JPG

Very envious , I have a little 2mx4m domestic tunnel in the garden , survived for 3 years but will need replacing likely for next season .
May I suggest skykomish tomatoes to try in their , they are beautiful tasting.

Very envious , I have a little 2mx4m domestic tunnel in the garden , survived for 3 years but will need replacing likely for next season .
May I suggest skykomish tomatoes to try in their , they are beautiful tasting.
Not one we have over here, I have got 4 varieties but will probably use 3 Tommy Toe, Grosse Lissie, and Sweet 100's cherry tomatoes.

Here's my little tunnel, pic from earlier in the season , chillies are nigh on 5ft high and stuffed with fruits now , even the wiri wiri has fruited and I honestly didn't think they would do much as the seed was from UAE.
At the very back are minisota melons , one plant died early on due to a squirrel munching it through the base :( had 9 melons in total though ;), plus we have Tom's coming out our ears still.
I've made 2kilos of different chutney, a liter of ketchup, 2 liters of pasta style sauces , soup all tucked away for winter.
Front to back on left Aji lemon , Hungarian black , wiri wiri , carrots , gherkins.
Right side gardeners sweetheart, indigo black , skykomish.

Outside we have red alert Tom's ( one of my favourite) and on drive we have tumbling Bella and hundreds and thousands grown in 2 big toyboxes.

Main veggie bed has Queensland blue squash , beets , snowball onion , celeriac . Tundra cabbage , turnips . Carrots .

Then we have all the fruit raspberry, couple apple trees , gooseberry, redcurrants, strawberries
( multiple types )

Blue berry, giant pumpkin growing in compost heap .
And rhubarb .
Plus cherry, fig trees and plum ( still small trees though.

Attachments

• IMG_20220830_183042.jpg
    IMG_20220830_183042.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220708_184200.jpg
    IMG_20220708_184200.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Here's my little tunnel, pic from earlier in the season , chillies are nigh on 5ft high and stuffed with fruits now , even the wiri wiri has fruited and I honestly didn't think they would do much as the seed was from UAE.
At the very back are minisota melons , one plant died early on due to a squirrel munching it through the base :( had 9 melons in total though ;), plus we have Tom's coming out our ears still.
I've made 2kilos of different chutney, a liter of ketchup, 2 liters of pasta style sauces , soup all tucked away for winter.
Front to back on left Aji lemon , Hungarian black , wiri wiri , carrots , gherkins.
Right side gardeners sweetheart, indigo black , skykomish.

Outside we have red alert Tom's ( one of my favourite) and on drive we have tumbling Bella and hundreds and thousands grown in 2 big toyboxes.

Main veggie bed has Queensland blue squash , beets , snowball onion , celeriac . Tundra cabbage , turnips . Carrots .

Then we have all the fruit raspberry, couple apple trees , gooseberry, redcurrants, strawberries
( multiple types )

Blue berry, giant pumpkin growing in compost heap .
And rhubarb .
Plus cherry, fig trees and plum ( still small trees though.
I love black currant and gooseberry, our weather is not suited for them, nor Brussels sprouts. Just to warm, though it doesn't feel warm in the winter the veggies feel it and go to seed. Strawberries I can grow all year round they don't mind the cold as long as the frost doesn't get to them.

This is really interesting. Were they difficult to grow? I would like to have a go next year, what sort of room do they take up, like a tomato sort of plant size?

This is really interesting. Were they difficult to grow? I would like to have a go next year, what sort of room do they take up, like a tomato sort of plant size?
They're very easy! If you can grow tomatoes, chilles or cucumbers you can grow physallis! The plant grows into a small Bush about 3ft x 3ft.

Been harvesting Broccoli and Cauli, can't eat them quick enough. The Broccoli heads are about 150mm dia and the Cauli is huge too. Use Charlie Carp as a fertiliser also throw a few carp in the compost.

002.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

Latest posts

Back