Post fermentation help and advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyCall

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dear forum members, I'm new to homebrewing; I've been doing it for about a year. I usually ferment my ingredients in a 23ltr FV and after fermentation, transfer to a bottling bucket, add priming sugar and bottle. I had two brews on the go at the end of July/ beginning of August but the fermentation took longer than expected and I had to go on holiday. I left the brews in their FVs and when I got back they were still producing the odd random bubble in the airlock.

To get CO2 beer is it too late to bottle? Or if I add sugar will there still be enough in it for 2ndary fermentation? Or should I barrel in a CO2 enabled barrel? If I did the latter could add finings?

Probably a bit of a ramble but here's hoping.

thanks

Absolutely fine. Yeast may have settled out a little more but there will be enough to get jazzy when the sugar comes around.

Thank Drunkula, should I give the FV a little shake or stir before transferring to the bottling bucket or do you think it would still be ok as it is?

Latest posts

Back