Pre-modified tank connectors

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never actually seen one of these up close but it looks like a tank connector with a piece of tube pushed though it. I.e. a drilled out tank connector. You will still need to drill a hole in the vessel and provide a joint to seal it so I'm afraid I can't see any advantage. Also with either arrangement you can couple your valve directly on to the connector.

cnelsonplumber said:
I have never actually seen one of these up close but it looks like a tank connector with a piece of tube pushed though it. I.e. a drilled out tank connector.

Exactly, the 'drilling' had been done already. I suspect opening up a tank connector would be easy if you had a large enough metal drill bit but doing it with a file is a pain.

Sorry got the wrong end of the stick here, thought you were just using the bulkhead gland for draining the FV direct not strained

cnelsonplumber said:
Sorry got the wrong end of the stick here, thought you were just using the bulkhead gland for draining the FV direct not strained

No problem, just looks like a way to save quite a lot of effort ;-)

I will check out the price at a couple of our supppliers as we buy a lot and get respectable discounts. Will let you know as soon I can get a price.

Wolseley pipeline centres seem to be the best bet but not by much, they retail at £5.92 plus vat. If you would like some I can buy (and sell)at £3.79 plus vat but by the time postage is taken in to account I doubt it would be much cheeper than ebay. Part number is Conex A520070

Latest posts

Back