Problem with ferment

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyuptm

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all, happy Thursday!
I knocked up a Mangrove Jack Juicy IPA kit yesterday, here in Spain, but as the weather is so hot, it took ages (about 6 hrs) to get to pitching temperature, by which time the foamy head had collapsed and the wort was flat.
I now realise I should've re aerated it, but I didn't, and now, after 24 hrs there's no airlock activity, which is usually pretty fierce with MJ M44....
What's my best course of action now?
Cheers, Tim

Hi all, happy Thursday!
I knocked up a Mangrove Jack Juicy IPA kit yesterday, here in Spain, but as the weather is so hot, it took ages (about 6 hrs) to get to pitching temperature, by which time the foamy head had collapsed and the wort was flat.
I now realise I should've re aerated it, but I didn't, and now, after 24 hrs there's no airlock activity, which is usually pretty fierce with MJ M44....
What's my best course of action now?
Cheers, Tim
Hello @eyuptm
What do you mean "the foamy head had collapsed"? If you hadn't pitched any yeast there shouldn't have been any kind of head, collapsed or otherwise. So could you clarify what you mean.
The top recommended temperature for M44 is 23C. That;s the fementer temperature, not ambient. The ferment produces it's own heat.
If you can't get the beer down to around 20C then swap the yeast for Omega Lutra. Similar characteristics and will ferment at high temperature. (You'll heed to add a couple of teaspoons of nutrient).

Latest posts

Back