Protofloc

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richardagutteridge

Reaction score
:cheers: Hi all. Got nearly all my equipment ready for AG, but have come across this question. Is it better to use Protofloc tabs or Irish moss?

Regards Richard G :drink:

ps where is the best place to brew? I've set up in my garage :thumb:

It's all down to personal preference. Personally, I find whirlfloc/protofloc to work better, but they're both just concentrated forms of irish moss.

If you use protofloc, only use a maximum of half a tablet for 5g. 1/4 would be better.

Put it this way Richard, if you would care to meet up some day, maybe The Mount on the Penn Road around 5pm any Monday to Thursday, or any Friday around 2pm at the Harris shop, you can have all of my remaining Irish moss (most of a pot), plus I'll throw in a Protafloc tablet and I'll bring along a couple of beers.

Not for the next fortnight or so though.

PS: If I had a garage I would brew in there. As it is, I boil on gas in the kitchen and have to time my brewdays for when Mrs. Mole is w**king at a weekend, leaving windows and doors open, otherwise she complains about the stink from the hops.
Them females can be strange creatures at times. :wha:

I use the kitchen but get my ear chewed off because the smell (women are a strange breed )
My plan is to convert the bottom shed into a brewhouse :pray:

Back