Pump for Klarstein/Hopcat/Ace/etc

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannythemanny

Reaction score
Evening all,

Today I was giving my Klarstein all in one a good cleaning, and removed the box that accommodates the pump. It was a bit of a faff, and I thought in for a penny, so thought I'd give the pump impeller a good clean. Unfortunately, I dropped it and one of the blades split. It hasn't come right off. I'm wondering if anyone knows where I might find a replacement impeller. I've emailed Klarstein, but I'm pretty sure they don't bother selling spare parts.

Failing that, is there such a thing as a food safe, high temperature glue that I might be able to repair the impeller with that anyone knows of?

Thanks in advance.

PXL_20210803_113943630.jpg
here is a picture of the pump if it's of any use.

Evening all,

Today I was giving my Klarstein all in one a good cleaning, and removed the box that accommodates the pump. It was a bit of a faff, and I thought in for a penny, so thought I'd give the pump impeller a good clean. Unfortunately, I dropped it and one of the blades split. It hasn't come right off. I'm wondering if anyone knows where I might find a replacement impeller. I've emailed Klarstein, but I'm pretty sure they don't bother selling spare parts.

Failing that, is there such a thing as a food safe, high temperature glue that I might be able to repair the impeller with that anyone knows of?

Thanks in advance.
Email Kaixin pumps they are usually very quick to answer. I have a spare impeller but from Australia to UK would cost a bit. I could probably get you a plastic one only good for 80 C. Try Kaixin they are usually pretty helpful.

Thanks all.

@foxy It was a non-boil impeller that broke, actually. I only use it to recirculate the mash. I will email Kaixin, but I'm definitely interested. Cheers.

No worries let me know how you go.
I don't know if they're still going... I googled them and the only thing that took me anywhere was a Facebook page. I emailed them from there but haven't had a response yet. Do you have a contact email for them @foxy ?

I don't know if they're still going... I googled them and the only thing that took me anywhere was a Facebook page. I emailed them from there but haven't had a response yet. Do you have a contact email for them @foxy ?
I will have a look. They are very quick to respond usually. What is your impeller like is it a white nylon/plastic one that is the 80 C or less. The heavy metal one is for higher temps.

I will have a look. They are very quick to respond usually. What is your impeller like is it a white nylon/plastic one that is the 80 C or less. The heavy metal one is for higher temps.
Sorry for slow reply... Wanted to take a picture and took a while getting round to it. It's black plastic, as you can see:

Attachments

• PXL_20210809_124656847.jpg
    PXL_20210809_124656847.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20210809_124703318.jpg
    PXL_20210809_124703318.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 43
Well, now my pump won't work at all! When I turn it on, it doesn't spin. I've disassembled to see if I can get it to spin without the head attached, and it doesn't (I have another one that does, so I know it should). I guess there's an issue with the motor. Had anyone successfully disassembled one of these beyond just taking off the head and getting to the wires at the back? I'd like to inspect the connections to the motor, but can't see how to disassemble it any further.

I should say it does hum very, very quietly when I switch it ok and it seems that sometimes the shaft tries to spin, but then it doesn't quite get enough momentum to get going. This could be my imagination though!

Anyone with any similar experience, your advice is much appreciated as ever! Thanks.

These are similar to build of aquarium pumps and I have few of those. If it doesn't pump water and impeller is not turning, it is usually something that causing impeller to be stuck. Switch pump off, take the top of and try turning impeller by hand. If you can't you need to find a reason for it. For me very often it was a mineral build up - soak in a citric acid solution usually solved it.

The impeller turns when I spin it by hand, so there's not anything sticking it. I think there's an issue with the motor.

Latest posts

Back