Questions re 30 bottle Kenridge kit..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welsh_Wizard

Reaction score
I've just tested my Kenridge Barolo and its 0.992. This is after 16 days of fermentation.

The next stage suggests re-racking and the instructions state to do this after the wine is less than 0.995.

Obviously it already is so should I just miss a step and go straight to de-gassing ??? Thats basically the stage where it says the wine should be less than 0.995...

My only issue is that its obviously fermented extremely quickly - will the added elderberry's and oak chips have had chance to impart their flavour. If i miss a stage, i'll be bottling considerably sooner than expected. Will this change the dynamics of the kit too much ??

ta'

WW

I tend to rack mine after about 2 weeks by then its about .994 leave another week, degass, fine so in total about 4 weeks to bottle

I wouldn't be in any hurry to be honest. I generally leave at least 2 sometimes 3 times the recommended time between steps in the instructions. It'll not ruin the wine if you leave it a little longer.

Yeah cheers guys. All noted. I'll leave it a bit longer so as the elderberry's and oak get a bit more time on the must. Just surprised at how quick it's got down to sub 0.998 !!

Latest posts

Back