Quick corny question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rivetcatcher

Reaction score
Hello gents,

I have a kegerator setup which I hope to use for the first time with my next brew. I have a question regarding carbing / storage.

I work offshore on a 4 week on 4 week off rotation. If I brewed my beer then put it in the keg for 1 week and applied the gas (not sure of the PSI), when it came to going offshore would I have to turn off the CO2 and leave it or leave the pressure on until I returned.

Im just worried about over / undercarbing by leaving the gas on / off.

Thanks in advance

Rivet

so long as your cornie isn't leaking you'll be fine - just leave the gas turned off - the beer will be fine, and if there were any leaks your gas supply won't be wasted.

I've had a cornie that leaked a bit around the main seal, but as it's standing upright, and CO2 is heavier than air, the protective layer of CO2 on top of the beer prevented any problems. That particular beer lasted 8 months in that cornie and tasted great down to the very last pint :drink:

Cheers Big Yin,

So I take it I carb it to the level that is required and once that is done, gas off and leave it until whenever its ready to drink, be it 1 week or 6months... simple

Looking forward to trying it out

Rivet

Latest posts

Back