Re: St Peters Cream Stout

Discussion in 'Beer Kits & Brewing Equipment Reviews.' started by Bernie, Dec 13, 2017.

Help Support The Homebrew Forum UK by donating using the link above.
  1. Dec 13, 2017 #1

Bernie

Bernie

Bernie

I found two bottles of this made in the summer of 2016 that had got hidden. Rather gassy but excellent chocolatey flavour.

BassoonBrew likes this.
  2. Dec 14, 2017 #2

BassoonBrew

BassoonBrew

BassoonBrew

Supporter Supporting Member

Which reminds me, I have a few I made last year lurking as well... Christmas libation, methinks!

Bernie likes this.
  3. May 12, 2018 #3

Beeroid

Beeroid

Beeroid

I'm still fairly new to homebrewing and have tried maybe 8 different kits in total. Of all of them, this is the one I keep coming back to. My latest batch has only been bottled for 6 days and I couldn't resist but have a couple last night, and to me it's perfectly drinkable even after just 6 days. Hopefully I can hold out for a while to let it mature properly!

I find it well balanced with some hoppy bitterness balanced by treacle and liquorish sweetness. I would wholeheartedly recommend it - despite being a novice I've not managed to wreck a single batch yet, and I must have done 5 batches by now.

I brew it slightly short and add a little extra sugar to bump up the ABV.

Soyyojuli likes this.
  4. May 16, 2018 #4

Soyyojuli

Soyyojuli

Soyyojuli

I do the same. This kit is excellent

5. May 16, 2018 #5

Baggins

Baggins

Baggins

I'm drinking SPCS now and really like it. Its my 4th brew. Breaking for summer as keeping fermentation cool through summer in my flat will be tricky and I'm well stocked. Can anyone recommend another good stout? Maybe Festival London Porter?

6. Jul 21, 2018 #6

Roger Wilko

Roger Wilko

Roger Wilko

I’ve just recently bottled my first batch of the festival porter. I have never ever drank a porter until I tried a bottle just to check it had gassed up nicely the other night and wow it’s an absolute knock out. I’m thinking of the St. Peter’s cream stout or the honey stout for my next brew