Really really good Hefeweizen recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FirebladeAdam

Regular.
Reaction score
2.5 kg pale ale wheat
2.5kg pilsner malt
66 degrees C 1 x HR
90 min boil
60 mins 30g Hallertau Blanc
Pitch Wyeast 3056 Bavarian
Ferm 9 days at 19 degrees C

I bottled with 8g dextrose per 500ml and allowed 10 days for carb.

Genuinely absolute nectar! Smooth, sharp and sour with a great balance between the malt and the Hallertau.
I haven't done this for long but this is the best beer I've made to date. The simplest recipe too probably.
I meant to use 3068 but couldn't get it so used 3056 instead. Awesome so thought I'd share
happy new year!

2.5 kg pale ale wheat
2.5kg pilsner malt
66 degrees C 1 x HR
90 min boil
60 mins 30g Hallertau Blanc
Pitch Wyeast 3056 Bavarian
Ferm 9 days at 19 degrees C

I bottled with 8g dextrose per 500ml and allowed 10 days for carb.

Genuinely absolute nectar! Smooth, sharp and sour with a great balance between the malt and the Hallertau.
I haven't done this for long but this is the best beer I've made to date. The simplest recipe too probably.
I meant to use 3068 but couldn't get it so used 3056 instead. Awesome so thought I'd share
happy new year!

I use GH recipe largely similar, but its Mittefruh and Saaz. Not much of either. Brewed it 3 times although 1 was oxidised badly and went to drain.

What I really want to add though is that the Weihenstephaner yeast is fantastic. Better than 3056 IMO, if its your style of beer then make an effort to get it. I am drinking the batch I made with it just now (not right now, im at work) and it is an explosion of banana

I now have 3068 and am lined up to use it for my next batch. I have read that banana and clove flavours are interchangeable with ferm temperature; do you know what your ferm temp was? Thanks for the info

I now have 3068 and am lined up to use it for my next batch. I have read that banana and clove flavours are interchangeable with ferm temperature; do you know what your ferm temp was? Thanks for the info
Someone on here advised me to start at 16 and work up towards 20, as above 20 the banan can be too much. Have to leave it with me whilst I attempt to track this chat down. However, I did do that and it has turned out well. I might actually suggest that you run it down at 16 for about 3 days. I had an issue with my heater mid ferment which result in me firing it up to 20 earlier than I otherwise would have. Also, I didn't use a stasrter as I have read before that stressing the yeast slightly yields better flavour in the case of a weissbier.

Latest posts

Back