Recommended 2 tin lager kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fleximous

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to home brew, only just bottled my first brew yesterday!

I'm looking for my first lager to kick off, in time for me to bottle and give to my dad as a birthday present.

Anyone recommend some premier larger kits?

Hello,

I'm new to home brew, only just bottled my first brew yesterday!

I'm looking for my first lager to kick off, in time for me to bottle and give to my dad as a birthday present.

Anyone recommend some premier larger kits?

Strangely enough, the lagers that most brewers tend to speak highly of are the Coopers range, which are only a 1 can kit.

Muntons do a 2 can kit and the Bulldog Hammer of Thor is also supposed to be very good.

I suggest you have a look on the reviews section of the forum and see what others have said about the various kits.

FatCol

Yes, the Coopers one can and the Wilkos one-can Pilsner & Cervesas seem to get good reviews.

The Bulldog Hammer of Thor looked rather dark for a lager, at least in one of the photos here.

The can with the green lid makes a good beer with 500g light DME and 1 kg sugar made to 25L. Or you could add the suggested brew enhancer I suppose.

Lager is quite a light beer and the extra malt from a 2 can kit would make it more like a pale ale than a euro-fizz, which I guess is the style you are aiming for.

Latest posts

Back