Removable bottle labels?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justink

Reaction score
Starting to bottle some brews now and wondered if you can buy blank labels that you can print onto (preferably, but handwriting is fine) that are easy to get off again?

Bit like wine bottle labels you get in some kits I guess but plain....

Thought about getting some sticky printable labels but I think they'll be an **** to get off again!

I use regular paper and print with a laser printer (doesn't smudge when wet). I then use milk as the glue. Works a treat, costs nothing and comes off easily. And no it doesn't smell :D

And the award for the most unlikely answer does too..... :clap:

I honestly didn't expect that! I'll give it a try! :cheers:

Thats fine, I dont mind soaking them off. Just didn't want horrible glue left on there thats only removable by scrubbing or chemical means :)

I agree with Bobsbeer :thumb:
Print onto normal printer paper (the standard stuff) and then brush on milk on the back. Sticks really well and comes off a treat!! :clap:

tim

If you haven't got a laser printer you can use hairspray on them to fix the colours before sticking them onto your bottles
:cheers:

I use normal paper with pritt stick or similar, again it does need soaking but comes off really easily and the glue is water soluble.
Never had any problems :thumb:

I use printable sticky labels, much quicker than cutting out & glueing. They are an **** to get off........unless you fill the bottle up with really hot tapwater, leave a few seconds and then they peel off almost clean :thumb:

Latest posts

Back