Rugby World Cup 2023

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No offence sifty but I'd love to see France win a final against NZ after they were robbed in the last one against ye

Are these the rules in your house?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230909-152501_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230909-152501_Chrome.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 0
I think they would still give the current England team a close game.
Not looking forward to this evening.
Even Munster would give ye a game these days.

Not starting Smith at 10 is utter cowardice.

Doesn't really matter who plays 10 (or 11 to 15) if the 9 just kicks away possession all the time
It would matter cos a decent 10 would puck the head off him for it (or at least get one of the forwards to do it for him).

At this stage, you have to believe that box-kicking is the tactic so anyone going against the coach's instructions like that would be dropped (even though the fans want to see some quick ball to the backs)

Ahh fecking Smith Smith Smith, all I hear, what a great player etc, every time I've seen him he's been absolute tosh. 🤣

But this is the problem: England still think they have a dominant pack (they don't) and the slowest 9s. If they forget to kick and somehow pass to Smith, the defense is lined up and ready for him. Give him quick ball and it might be different

Watching the Irish coverage now. Jesus the panelists are going in hard on England. No identity, no game plan, no Marcus Smith, no fluidity.

Normally they say you can never write off England but they're talking about England maybe not getting out of the group.

Watching the Irish coverage now. Jesus the panelists are going in hard on England. No identity, no game plan, no Marcus Smith, no fluidity.

Normally they say you can never write off England but they're talking about England maybe not getting out of the group.

Pretty sure we can right off England.

Both teams down to 14 10 mins in. Both yellows and being reviewed.

Ooh England upgraded to red. Curry gone 2 mins into game...

Last edited:
I'm not writing England off with this performance.
I don't want to get too carried away, our attack has continued to be poor but with a man down we played much better than a poor Argentina. Argentina look like England in the warm up games. Literally cannot string anything together

Latest posts

Back