Sanitiser and cleaner

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tickles58

Reaction score
Needing some clarification on product. I have for sometime been using VWP as my fall back product which I have been buying from Boyes shops around £5 for a 400grm tub seems cheap enough. But have been reading that buying a much larger tub (for the fraction of the cost ) of oxyclean type of washing power will do the same. It’s not that I can’t afford the VWP I just like to be frugal with certain thing. How is the oxyclean used as the instructions are for washing clot and not bottles/corny sand the like. Can anyone in plain English advise. Much appreciated if so

Needing some clarification on product. I have for sometime been using VWP as my fall back product which I have been buying from Boyes shops around £5 for a 400grm tub seems cheap enough. But have been reading that buying a much larger tub (for the fraction of the cost ) of oxyclean type of washing power will do the same. It’s not that I can’t afford the VWP I just like to be frugal with certain thing. How is the oxyclean used as the instructions are for washing clot and not bottles/corny sand the like. Can anyone in plain English advise. Much appreciated if so
Oxyclean is an alkaline cleaner, so yes it is OK.Rrinse and sanitise after use.

Cheers I’ll bear it in mind although I’m still having to sanitise after use. Meaning I’ll still have to use the VWP post cleaning with oxyclean 🤦‍♂️

Back