shed brewing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popps100

Reaction score
only just joined this forum,,but information on here GOOOOOD
just started 3 x dj carton juice & 1x water bottle

1xdj 2 x strawberry/rhubarab/1 x grape
1xdj 2 x tropical fruit/1 x grape
1xdj 2 x five allive/ 1x grape
1x 3 gall water bottle lime/lemon (real fruit )10 x limes,3 x lemon,2 x carton grape juice
keeping warm at 20/24 deg c in polystyrene made box using 2 x low watt bulbs

now waiting
:whistle:

Good luck with these, that 3gal fruit one sounds interesting, what bulbs are you using to warm your brews ?, I'm gonna have to rig something up as my shed is like a fridge at the moment.
All the best

Wimberry said:
Good luck with these, that 3gal fruit one sounds interesting, what bulbs are you using to warm your brews ?, I'm gonna have to rig something up as my shed is like a fridge at the moment.
All the best

hi im using 1x20w,,,and 1x12w energy savers
iv just ordered a thermostat contoler on ebay from china under £7 including postage
then i will use 2x 20w energy savers
box was made from 5 polystyrene sheets from b&q 1200x450x50
i will try to put pictures on
larger sheets would be better hieght as iv had to cut slots in top for air locks

Hi,

I would suggest NOT using energy savers! My understanding is that they are more efficient with regards to light, but what we want is actually the waste heat from the bulbs. May not make a huge difference, just a thought.

Simon.

asd said:
Hi,

I would suggest NOT using energy savers! My understanding is that they are more efficient with regards to light, but what we want is actually the waste heat from the bulbs. May not make a huge difference, just a thought.

Simon.
thanks for that info ,originally the box was used for drying epoxy parts in and it was heated with 1 x 40 w bulb and attained temps of over 100c,,
so i will have to wait for thermostat
ebay

Item number:200810546889
will need to be modified ??
or this one (230844623307)

Thanks for the info on the bulbs etc, making a warm cupboard in the shed is my next project.
All the best

Latest posts

Back