Show us your rabbit, guinea pig, small mammal...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rabbit being the long-eared small mammal....
Ours appeared by chance in the garden one day. We get a lot of wild rabbits eating grass and weeds but she was clearly a domestic rabbit, a Yellow Dutch as it turns out. The most likely scenario is she was dumped unwanted into the wild and crossed fields to end up to our lawn, which she was munching on. At the time she was around 6 months old we think, on that basis she's now almost 5 years.

Yes, they do taste delicious but they're also real characters. Their biology is quite quirky, but when neutered they are easy to litter train fortunately.

Screenshot_20231128-225413~2.png

Screenshot_20231128-225333~2.png

Screenshot_20231128-225531~2.png

Screenshot_20231128-224815~2.png

Last edited:
Cute bun.

Could we widen the thread to show us you rodents? Here's my family's guinea pigs:

IMG_20230128_132849.jpg

IMG_20230128_145744.jpg

Two boys, the dark brown one is Scampy, lighter one is Tiramisu. Also real characters, currently been moved indoors for the Winter and the little chancers have now taken to running around squeaking every time someone opens the fridge or rustles a bag. This tactic often works for them too with the reward of a green bean, bit of cucumber, or whatever other veggie treat is in the fridge. 😁

The kids left the hutch open and Willy our owd Border,now departed,thought it was Christmas and his birthday at the same time.
I was called from a very important meeting round my mates house to deal with the pandemonium...

Cute bun.

Could we widen the thread to show us you rodents? Here's my family's guinea pigs:

Two boys, the dark brown one is Scampy, lighter one is Tiramisu. Also real characters, currently been moved indoors for the Winter and the little chancers have now taken to running around squeaking every time someone opens the fridge or rustles a bag. This tactic often works for them too with the reward of a green bean, bit of cucumber, or whatever other veggie treat is in the fridge. 😁

Rabbits and Guinea Pigs appear to be fairly similar creatures in a way, despite living on opposite sides of the world. Our rabbit has only ever lived indoors, since we first found her there was nowhere for her to live besides the utility room and she has lived indoors ever since, so she gets a ton of kitchen scraps and herbs.

Last edited:
Slim pickings out in the garden but always a few tufts of grass to keep her going, there was some tooth purring when she saw this treat

Screenshot_20240123-200808-522.png

Looking forward to spring - what I did last year is let all the hundreds of dandelions flower in the lawn to give the bees some food, then harvest the dandelion seeds before they blow away, bury them in pots, and have a never-ending supply of leaves to feed her through the summer. Plus a bit of broadleaf plantain, chickweed, clover and other sprouting weeds, plus mint etc ... she loves it.

Slim pickings out in the garden but always a few tufts of grass to keep her going, there was some tooth purring when she saw this treat

View attachment 95061

Looking forward to spring - what I did last year is let all the hundreds of dandelions flower in the lawn to give the bees some food, then harvest the dandelion seeds before they blow away, bury them in pots, and have a never-ending supply of leaves to feed her through the summer. Plus a bit of broadleaf plantain, chickweed, clover and other sprouting weeds, plus mint etc ... she loves it.
Is your bunny a....Happy bunny?

Back