Small hydrometer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrongway

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking to find a small hydrometer. Years ago I had a small glass one that was around half the size of the normal glass ones that everyone sells. It was handy for quick checks. I have searched all over online but can't seem to find one now. With the standard one I loose quite a bit out of a gallon jar every time I take a sample to check. I know a refractometer can be used to some extent but the wizardry involved is probably not worth it.

I am looking to find a small hydrometer. Years ago I had a small glass one that was around half the size of the normal glass ones that everyone sells. It was handy for quick checks. I have searched all over online but can't seem to find one now. With the standard one I loose quite a bit out of a gallon jar every time I take a sample to check. I know a refractometer can be used to some extent but the wizardry involved is probably not worth it.

I have always sanitised my turkey baster, hydrometer and plastic measuring cylinder thing and have always chucked the sample back in and have never had a problem arise because of it, might be something to think about

I have one that you are more than welcome to. FOC

016.jpg

I like that, where did you get it and what is the reading under the picture on the far right?

It has 3 readings 1.015 1.000 and 0.996. At least it tells me if its getting there. I got it in that health foods shop, Appleseeds at the bottom of Market Street. I cant remember if it was the last one or not. They have a small homebrew section at the bottom end of the shop.

I really like the size and simplicity of that .996 would be perfect for me and SWMBO.

I got it in that health foods shop, Appleseeds at the bottom of Market Street

I get my Youngs super wine yeast compound, Nutrient and Pectolace from there. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back