Spent grain disposal units

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muddydisco

Landlord.
Reaction score
Wife has brought me a mash master spent grain disposal unit. Must say they are ace. Not so shiny..... But still functional .

568c4fa0-3709-37ac.jpg

There are 3 the third one was camera shy.

Roll on brewing :)

and productive.

Mind you if they ever turn their noses er beaks up at a batch of grain.............bin the beer quick.

LoL
There was me expecting some form of grinder, and box thing.....

Great idea. It is the perfect way to convince SWMBO that I should go AG :thumb: :party:

Just need to move to a house with a garden and brewery/garage/shed :(

Bees chickens when are the pigs comming :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brew day bacon Butties :hmm: :hmm:

I had to sprint over my garden wall today to shoo off a fox having a go at the neighbours chickens in broad daylight :shock:
Unfortunately when it legged it through the hedge, it had one chook in it's mouth :roll:
We don't have chooks anymore but might get them again one day - when we had them before, we lost three to foxes :evil:

They do love the warm grain straight out of the mash tun though :party:

Always seems such a waste when I chuck spent grain away. I used to give it to a neighbor for her chicks, but she moved. Then I used it on the compost heap, but since getting disabled I dont compost anymore. What do breweries do with theirs?
I remember when I worked at Tollys brewery in Wathamstowe in the 60s we used to sell the excess yeast, but I cant remember where the grain went.

Most grains go to farmers but you have to be registered to be able to use it in animal feeds commercially. Ours went to our freinds chucks since i have been brewing but now his supply has run dry :lol:

I used to put it on the compost heap but it attracts rats like a brothel attracts Frenchmen.

When possible I take it down to the allotment and dig it straight into the soil, or else its in the wheelie bin!

Mine goes to a pig man who collects waste from me at work. He also gets 2ton of slops from the quorn factory and milk from the diary. He says he never buys feed. :rofl:

Latest posts

Back