Spraymalt, enhancer or brewing sugar? 1 can kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimBass

Reaction score
Hi guys,

What are your recommendations for 1 can kits?

Can I use 1kg of dry Spraymalt on it's own instead of 1kg brewing sugar? To get a maximum flavor.

Or it's better to mix the spraymalt with sugar? If so, then what are the proportions?

Enhancer? Is it good idea to use it?

What is the best option in your opinion?
Share your experiences...

I'm not seeking to get strong beer, I'm want to get good body and flavor and % as stated on kit box.

Kind Regards
Tim

Using spraymalt will increase the maltiness and body of the beer. Because it contains some parts that are not fermentable sugars, it will slightly reduce the alcohol content, compared to using 100% sugar (brewing or granulated).

There is no definitive answer, it will come down to personal choice, but anywhere between 50%:50% spraymalt:sugar and 100% spraymalt should give a decent result.

When I did kits I always used malt extract either dry or liquid.
Two can kits are the way to go if your budget allows.

Any idea of good 2 cans kit Mexican style beer, like Cerveza?

I found only one
Bulldog Brews Cortez Gold

Last edited:
Any idea of good 2 cans kit Mexican style beer, like Cerveza?

I found only one
Bulldog Brews Cortez Gold
Wilko do a good cerveza & on offer at the moment at £9 but it's a 1 can kit! Think I done it with 1kg brew enhancer last time, will pimp it with hops next time

Enhancer is just mix of spay malt and sugar, I think 50/50. Used that before and worked quite well.
Otherwise you can buy 1 can kit and buy canned malt extract (LME) from brewing shop or Hollands and Barret. Mangrove Jacks does LME in a pouch - 1.2kg

Back