Stc1000 help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcusp

Reaction score
I've just wired up my stc1000 as per the video on YouTube that has been posted previously and on plugging it in everything seemed great. The display came on and itswitches from hot to cold on the display however having plugged the fridge in and a lamp to simulate the heater neither come on.

I've double checked the wiring and all seems in order as per the video and diagrams.
Any ideas or could I have a faulty one ?

Can you post a picture of your wiring?

There is also a delay before the fridge comes on - it's to protect the compressor.

I have seen people on here posting re faulty STC's.

I'll try and post a picture hopefully it's a simple issue or I've got a wait for a new controller

1st things 1st. IGNORE THE YOUTUBE VIDEO.
LOOK ON THE TOP OF THE UNIT.
There will be a wiring diagram on there.
IT should show the power in (ok as you have a display), NTC connection (OK if it is reading temp)
AND the relay connections, IT CAN BE SEVERAL contacts so ALWAYS GO WITH THE UNIT NOT SOMEONE ELSE'S DIAGRAM.

Check you have wired a live feed to one side of the relay contacts (both sets of them) and have your live out to the heater/fridge coming from the other side.

Guys thanks for everyone help on this it turned out to be an error on my part with not wiring one of the extention sockets up correctly.
It's all working fine now and my fermentation fridge is ready for my first brew :cheers:

Back