Steam Pressure Washer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyCaner

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

When I visited one of my favourite brewerys lately I saw them using a steam pressure washer to clean and sterilise casks. I quite fancy one for cleanind and sanitising the new micro brewery. I know BarnsleyBrewers a fan of using steam sterilisation.

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced one they can suggest?

Cheers,

DirtyC

Have a steam cleaner here that the mrs picked up and never used.

When cleaner bottles I give them a 10 second blast to loosen any ****, then wash as nirmal. Then I give them another blast afterwards then drain.

I presume it cant do any harm!!
:thumb:

Not yet. Its only a cheap domestic job so the pressure is not that high. But does a gd job.

Amazing what gets picked up at lidl / Aldi
:thumb:

I've had a go at cleaning Firkins with an industrial steam cleaner and it worked great :thumb:
Not sure how well the wallpaper stripper would do but definitely worth a try :cheers:

Cheers guys,

Was kind of the larger thing I was looking at, thought I could maybe use it to clean/sterilise the brewing barrels. Also thought I could use it to clean patio and kill of the weeds!

Further investigation shows they seem to be quite expensive, so maybe not the most economical idea...

DirtyC

Latest posts

Back