Sterilising Bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think dishwasher, put in oven and heat. leave to cool then no rinse sanitise with one of those fountain jobbies and hang on one of these christmas tree bottle hangers. Make sure to sterilise the caps and the tree bottle hanger, spray spray and spry again, embrace the froth

Rinse twice directly after consumption, dishwasher, fountainthingy with sanitiser before bottling, nothing more. I understand the oven, I just can't be bovved.

I use PET bottles, 500ml and 2L. After pouring out the beer, I automatically rinse 3 times and give them a swirl with a bottle brush. Add cleaner / sterilising liquid and re-screw the caps until bottling day. Then prepare the bottles by emptying out the cleaning fluid, rinsing again, twice, draining on the bottle tree, then pout star san from one bottle to the next, re-drain on the bottler, then add priming sugar and re-screw the caps until it is time to actually bottle. The process is a bit tedious, but as it is repetitive and requires little thought on bottling day, it is just semi-automatic and you can just do it. The main thing is sorting out the bottle a bit at the point of emptying.

I use PET bottles, 500ml and 2L. After pouring out the beer, I automatically rinse 3 times and give them a swirl with a bottle brush. Add cleaner / sterilising liquid and re-screw the caps until bottling day. Then prepare the bottles by emptying out the cleaning fluid, rinsing again, twice, draining on the bottle tree, then pout star san from one bottle to the next, re-drain on the bottler, then add priming sugar and re-screw the caps until it is time to actually bottle. The process is a bit tedious, but as it is repetitive and requires little thought on bottling day, it is just semi-automatic and you can just do it. The main thing is sorting out the bottle a bit at the point of emptying.

A bit of autism is a good thing to have during bottling day :laugh8:

Rinse out and drain after use. Soak in concentrated washing soda solution to remove yeast deposits. Before bottling cook in the oven for 10 minutes at 110c.

Latest posts

Back