Stevie123s brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was MM. :thumb:

There's a recipe for me to try.

What you make of the yeast? Significant factor?

It was MM. :thumb:

There's a recipe for me to try.

What you make of the yeast? Significant factor?

Tbh i have not used liquid yeasts much maybe 3 times Clibit but every brew has been much better then say using 05 dried yeast well worth the money imo, theres definitely some lovely fruity notes in this brew

I may brew a small batch of this to see the difference using 05 to this yeast maybe i just love this hop? i think it would be a interesting experiment

Tbh i have not used liquid yeasts much maybe 3 times Clibit but every brew has been much better then say using 05 dried yeast well worth the money imo, theres definitely some lovely fruity notes in this brew

I may brew a small batch of this to see the difference using 05 to this yeast maybe i just love this hop? i think it would be a interesting experiment

I reckon it's both the hops and the yeast.

Edit: and the malts!

Brewday again, no prizes for guessing who gave me this fine recipe!
The yeast i will be using is US05 as its all i have today

Batch Size (L): 23.0
Original Gravity (OG): 1.047
Final Gravity (FG): 1.012
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 4.62 %
Colour (SRM): 4.5 (EBC): 8.9
Bitterness (IBU): 43.4 (Average)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 75
Boil Time (Minutes): 60

Mash: 1 tsp Gypsum
4.300 kg Pale Malt (91.49%)
0.400 kg Caramalt (8.51%)

Boil: 1 tsp gypsum
20.0 g Green Bullet Leaf (13% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes
50.0 g Wakatu Leaf (6.6% Alpha) @ 15 Minutes PLUS 1 tsp Irish Moss
50.0 g Wakatu Leaf (6.6% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes

Mash at 67°C for 60 Minutes.
Ferment at 20°C with Ale yeast

Let me have a think who came up with this for you??? I've got some green bullet myself. Never used them. Could a single hop ale be done?

Let me have a think who came up with this for you??? I've got some green bullet myself. Never used them. Could a single hop ale be done?

Haha Bungle! tbh i was going to do a single hop this brew as id never used Wakatu before and got talking to Clibit thats where the recipe came from, the mash is on and the Hops all weighed out:grin:

Never used green bullet. Saw someone racing about a beer made with it a while ago so bought a bag. Not used yet.

I must start using all the bloody hops i have been buying bet i have close to 3kg of various hops , i think the next one i will be trying is Jarrylo as i have 300g of the stuff just sitting there

Guess what ive just done :lol:

Yes you guessed it just added 100g of Riwaka dry hop to this aswell :whistle:

awesome! my kind of beer 200g hops per 20-22 litres of beer whats not to like:hmm:

oh yes, the hop bill:-?

still you only live once (unlesss you're shanti devi!) so why go easy on the little green wonders:twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back