Stevie123s brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this....Not an IPA, but a stonking good EPA. (23l 60 min boil)

5.2kg maris otter
0.2kg wheat malt
0.2kg biscuit malt
0.12kg crystal 80L
0.1kg crystal 110L

43g challenger @ 60 mins
43g fuggles @ 10 mins
43g east kent goldings @ 0 mins

OG 1058 FG 1016 ABV 5.5% 37.8 IBU 17.6 EBC

Try this....Not an IPA, but a stonking good EPA.

5.2kg maris otter
0.2kg wheat malt
0.2kg biscuit malt
0.12kg crystal 80L
0.1kg crystal 110L

43g challenger @ 60 mins
43g fuggles @ 10 mins
43g east kent goldings @ 0 mins

Thanks MM but do you no what i made a brew a while ago using EKG and it was bloody awful ive gone right of EKG

You can use all sorts instead of the ekg. I tend to stick first gold in place of ekg, much prefer it.

You can use all sorts instead of the ekg. I tend to stick first gold in place of ekg, much prefer it.

Great idea as i have loads of it :thumb: dont think i have used it yet, thanks guys for the help

The crystals in MM's recipe are around 200 EBC and 300 EBC.

Have you got biscuit malt?

The crystals in MM's recipe are around 200 EBC and 300 EBC.

Have you got biscuit malt?

I will have to check tbh, been buying lots of strange sounding Malts lately im intrigued by them all theres so many of them like hops and so little time

Steve just do a lucky dip. Pale malt plus two random others and three random hop additions. Go on, you know you want to.

So got finally got around to a brew yesterday Thanks to MM and Clibit for there input this is the recipe i used

6.0kg maris otter
0.2kg wheat malt
0.2kg biscuit malt
0.12kg crystal 80L
0.1kg crystal 110L
30g challenger @ 60 mins
43g fuggles @ 10 mins
50g first gold @ 0 mins

WLP005 yeast

Dont think i will bother with a dry hop as im finding its a bit of a waste of time tbh

That's going to be delicious Steve. :thumb:

But, no, I won't be giving you any prized Riwaka hops, if I get my hands on some. :mrgreen:

That's going to be delicious Steve. :thumb:

But, no, I won't be giving you any prized Riwaka hops, if I get my hands on some. :mrgreen:

:nah: i would not either :lol: ok im lying i would, where have you seen them i have tried a few searches and came up with nothing ?

Only on NZ websites, and the postage is pretty pricey...

So got finally got around to a brew yesterday Thanks to MM and Clibit for there input this is the recipe i used

6.0kg maris otter
0.2kg wheat malt
0.2kg biscuit malt
0.12kg crystal 80L
0.1kg crystal 110L
30g challenger @ 60 mins
43g fuggles @ 10 mins
50g first gold @ 0 mins

WLP005 yeast

Dont think i will bother with a dry hop as im finding its a bit of a waste of time tbh

Ive became so lazy with using a hydrometer its unreal, decided to take a quick reading tonight as i have never used this yeast before and its down to 1015, its quite clear and couldnt resist having a taste from the sample jar its BLOODY lovely what a great hop combo, its a first for First Gold for me well impressed another thank you to MM and Clibit for the recipe :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back