Storing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraftyZA

Reaction score
Ok so i bottled about 45 bottles, and got about 20L of flat beer left. I don't have enough bottles for it. It is currently sitting in the fridge at 4 degrees.
Almost like an extended cold crash. Tomorrow I want to rack it into new container, then leave it a month.
Can i do this? Beer is about 5.7%, and it's cold. Should be okey in my mind.
I will add some yeast when priming at the end of the month. Will buy some more bottles then.

Any issues with this plan?

Ok so i bottled about 45 bottles, and got about 20L of flat beer left. I don't have enough bottles for it. It is currently sitting in the fridge at 4 degrees.
Almost like an extended cold crash. Tomorrow I want to rack it into new container, then leave it a month.
Can i do this? Beer is about 5.7%, and it's cold. Should be okey in my mind.
I will add some yeast when priming at the end of the month. Will buy some more bottles then.

Any issues with this plan?

So basically your primary has 20l in you want to rack off the trub into a secondary and bulk condition for a month?

Sounds fine to me. I don't do it myself and from what I hear no one around here does much too, but reading American forums they do a lot of secondary bulk conditioning

Back