Study for your job

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha,

yes. MCT here, then changed the job. But in IT "Livelong learning" never was news.

At the moment I study at the OU. Next assignment is due in a week. Started with Bsc Psychology but then dropped out till I discovered I can change the subject to an "Open degree" which literally means I can study every course I'm interested in.

BTW I can decorate my crapper with certificates and I think this is what they are made for.

I worked in the Pharmaceutical industry and our site closed last year. When I left I took home a foot high pile of certificates that I gathered over the years, most of them embarrassingly useless, like getting a "Brave Boy" badge at the dentist.

I have a certificate for e-signatures and the "training course" was less than 5 minutes. Another for use of ladders, well you have to start at the bottom and make your way up in every job!
Others include:
Assertiveness ( You WILL go on that course),
Unleash your Chimp, positivity and potential,
What colour person are you and other such gobbldygook.
IOSSH health and safety - one of the few useful ones.

They are all in a box somewhere and eventually I will throw then all away, I did briefly think about putting them on ebay ( that's the assertiveness and positivity kicking in) but then decided against it!

PS - the company also paid about £2500 of my Brewlab course which was £8,000 in total and worth every penny, much better than the free one about climbing and inspecting ladders!

Done the same job for the last 30 years, always learning,reading rule books and being told what to do,in moderation,the joys of Privatisation,only 9 years to do!!!!:thumb::thumb:

In general they will be the second fastest nine years of your life!

However, the closer you get to the "Finish" line the more aches and pains you will get and more certain will be your belief that you aren't going to make it!

The fastest nine years of your life occur AFTER you retire and you start to wonder how you ever found time to go to work!

It's great!! :thumb: :thumb:

.......... half an hour an hour's rest then out for a beer ...........

If you ever go on a Course in Norway this will read ...

"... half an hour's rest then wonder if I can afford
the second mortgage I will need to go out for a beer ..."​

Truly an eye-watering place for a drinker of alcohol in any form! :nono::nono:

I had 3 years of pretty gruelling work and study commitments during my Chartered Accountancy training. Now I'm a public sector accountant and everything is rosy! CPD courses 3-4 times a year and that's my lot.
Rosy until the robots come!

(And they're coming!)

If you ever go on a Course in Norway this will read ...

"... half an hour's rest then wonder if I can afford
the second mortgage I will need to go out for a beer ..."​

Truly an eye-watering place for a drinker of alcohol in any form! :nono::nono:

Yer, not been myself.

One of the guys was telling of a work trip over there for some reason, site acceptance test or training no doubt.

At the end of the days work they all decamped to a bar and started ordering drinks. One of the guys, obviously a bit green, called out "I'll get these in".

Apparently, when he got the bill his face went white! :eek:

Think of the poor old lecturer!
When you're playing a film for the thirtieth time after a good lunch the effort to keep your eye-lids apart is harder than humping coal!
I once woke up to the sound of a film end flapping around the reel ... :doh: :doh:
... and with no film in place the brightness reflected off the screen had revealed all to the group! :whistle: :whistle:
At least I never fell off the chair; and that has happened! :thumb: :thumb:

I bet you haven't fallen asleep marking books, as I have done.

On another occasion, my HoD found me snatching 40 winks in the store cupboard during a non-teaching period.

Work courses....been there done that got nowhere. ..jobs given to crawlers,sycophants ,yes men and people who generally haven't got a clue what's going on!
I now like to work at going there doing enough and coming home and forgetting about it! This seems to work nicely.

Cheers

Clint

Latest posts

Back