stupid question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wipeout

Reaction score
okay just wonder what this exactly means " Fermentation will be complete when bubbles have stopped rising (between 4-6 days)"
erm what bubble am i looking out for?? lol

usually during fermentation you can see activity in your fv like bubbles coming to the surface. This is the yeast creating C02 gas what it means is when the bubbles stop fermentation has finished best to get a hydrometer reading though according to your recipie

thought that was it just wanted to check :) i have done a hydrometer reading and its at 1009 or 1010 bit hard to see but thereabouts had it fementing for 6 days so am suprised it got there that quick my last brew took about 2 weeks to get the right reading though this 1 has been kept at a much better temp in this case i think ill check again tomorrow if al is god ill move to my keg

just make sure you get the same hydrometer reading 2 days running at least, otherwise when you tranfer it to bottles keg etc it will still be fermenting

Just a Brew buddy larger :) will eventually get onto more exciting things when I have more time to put into it

Latest posts

Back