Succes 1st Kegged Beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tibbs1972

Reaction score
Just tried my MakeYourOwn IPA from my king keg. 4.7% ABV

Started 17th Nov
Kegged 29th Nov.

22nd Dec, 1st Pint was throthy, but its settled down now.

The harsh bitterness and after taste after fermenting has gone and it now tastes like a nice smooth IPA after 3 weeks in the keg.

Really happy with the taste, the body and the head.

Happy days !!!!

Just in time for Xmas !!!!!

Also chuffed, as its the first day of my Christmas Holiday.

Merry Christmas Everybody !!!

Regards
Tibbs

IMG_0762.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

Hi Tibbs

Glad your first beer is OK :thumb:

May I ask if there is a reason that your thermometer strip is well above the level of the liquid. Maybe it makes little difference for keg, but looks a bit odd to me. You are effectively measuring the temperature of the room the beer is in, as opposed to the temperature of the beer?

Hi Tibbs

Glad your first beer is OK :thumb:

May I ask if there is a reason that your thermometer strip is well above the level of the liquid. Maybe it makes little difference for keg, but looks a bit odd to me. You are effectively measuring the temperature of the room the beer is in, as opposed to the temperature of the beer?

Hi Slid,

Thanks for the input, I was actually only concerned the temp was around
16 degrees or below under the stairs.

Ok, I've stuck another temperature strip on the bottom of the keg and the temperatures are the same, around 16 degrees.

I'm pretty happy with that, the beer is cool when drinking, so its fine with me.

I might need to get a second hand fridge in the summer, as it will obliviously me much warmer then, but for now, Cheers.

Latest posts

Back