Sweeteners

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer a low attenuating yeast. Or an ice cube made of apple juice when served. Or a frozen grape.
Sweeteners aren't my thing, sorry.

I have used Lidl's Cologran sweetener tabs in a TC at the rate of 4 per litre and it just took the dryness off the taste. 1200 Cologran tabs used to cost about £1.60 so it works out really cheap.

In the quantity I used they were fine. However if you used many more that might be different. Basically I dissolved some in water at different rates to find out what I wanted. And from recollection they don't dissolve in cold liquid immediately, but do dissolve without trace after a short time.

I have used Lidl's Cologran sweetener tabs in a TC at the rate of 4 per litre and it just took the dryness off the taste. 1200 Cologran tabs used to cost about £1.60 so it works out really cheap.

What is in them?
Do you know what sweetener they use?

It says on the Cologran label, cyclamates and saccharin, plus a few other bits and bobs as fillers. Each tablet weighs 6mg. So as someone who doesn't normally use sweeteners I was not bothered about using them. If I had worried about anything at all it would be the alcohol in the TC. But I wasn't. :beer1:

Hermesetas tabs, rate of 1 per 500ml works for me. Put in teabag tannin at the beginning, dissolve perfect on hot water.

Latest posts

Back