Syrup to carbonate?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, got some tc on the go, ready to bottle, realised i dont have any sugar in to carb with! I do have a 440ml bottle of Lowicz raspberry syrup.

Would this work? If i put it in my bottling bucket then rack my 22L of tc over it, stir then bottle?

Do i just work out the sugar in the bottle (64.9g per 100ml) then decide how fizzy i want it and go off the guide?

Thanks.

I was going along the lines of needing 45g roughly to batch prime a gallon if using real sugar, so logically, you would have to work out how much of the syrup would equate to the same sugars!! I've never done it like that, quite new to the whole brewing malarky too lol!!

found on the main thread for this wine

I primed a tc with apple juice which worked out at 40ml per 500 ml bottle. this 40ml equalled 5g of sugar and carbed up nicely.
The aj had 11.9g per 100ml but your lowitz will have much more sugar.
hope this helps...

Hi, got some tc on the go, ready to bottle, realised i dont have any sugar in to carb with! I do have a 440ml bottle of Lowicz raspberry syrup.

Would this work? If i put it in my bottling bucket then rack my 22L of tc over it, stir then bottle?

Do i just work out the sugar in the bottle (64.9g per 100ml) then decide how fizzy i want it and go off the guide?

Thanks.
64.9g per 100ml....Never, please check your calculations...just use granulated sugar.1/2 tsp per 500ml bottle.
I think Ive read your post wrong.

300ml of lowitz would work fine imo. roughly 200g sugar (40 bottles @5g).

All i did was read the label, it says sugar 64.9g per 100ml, i didnt plan on using the whole bottle? Thats why i put up about the co2 value and sugar required to gain that but the calc says table, corn or dme, so im not sure which value to use?

Latest posts

Back