Tc and some ades.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Base

Reaction score
Se we've got 25L of turbo cider with 1 sachel of youngs cider yeast and one tspn yeast nutrient.

we've also got 1 gallon each of raspberry, strawberry, cherry-ade. Each one is one bottle of the polish syrup, 400g white sugar, and youngs super wine compound.

We started these a few days ago now. Temps are around 16c. A bit low I know but he doenst have heating in his house, since its getting new central heating fitted.

I'm reading that tannins would be been a good additive to the cider. Is it too late to add a strong brew to the tc?

I wait untill fermentation has finished on my TC. Then i put a strong cup of black tea (cooled) into a bucket for tanning, then syphon the TC into this before bottling. Thats the way ive done it with no problems
:thumb:
Michael

I've tried to find out about this but I can't seem to find any propper information

What exactly is tannin and what does it do - is it absolutly necessary?

Hoping to do a TC in 2 weeks time, but I still need to do some more research - this was one of the questions I had about it.

S

Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression that you were supposed to add the tannins at the beggining of fermentation.

Back